We are young and old, friends and families who love the Lord Jesus Christ! Living in the high desert, Spring Creek, Nevada, we are three miles from Elko Nevada. Our desire is to worship and serve Jesus alone. Calvary Chapel of Spring Creek is rooted in Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa with Pastor Chuck Smith. Our pastor John Sutherland, believes in teaching us the truth alone, straight from the Word of God. We are Spirit Filled in our Worship with songs of praise from our worship leader Tony Pruessing and the Calvary Chapel Worship Team.
We look forward to meeting you,
Calvary Chapel of Spring Creek is a non-denominational church. We at Calvary Chapel seek to emphasize the spiritual unity of all true believers. It is the policy of Calvary Chapel to give preeminence to the preaching and teaching of the Word Of God, and to the worship of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In order to identify the church as conservative in theology, and evangelical in spirit, we set forth this general statement of fundamental beliefs. This statement of faith is not meant be comprehensive, but simple.
1. We believe the Bible (both old and new testaments) to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and inerrant in the original writings. We believe what the historic Christian Church has always believed, that the Bible is sufficient for all matters of faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that God is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign creator of all things.
3. We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth (He is fully God and fully man), in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
4. We believe in the personal, visible (bodily), and pre-millennial second coming of Jesus Christ to this earth. He will return with His saints and set up His kingdom of which there will be no end.
5. We believe that all people are by nature, separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal savior and Lord, trusting Him to save them, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, and will spend eternity with the Lord.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and unsaved; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are unsaved to the resurrection of damnation.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. The basis for this unity is the “one body”, “one Spirit”, “one hope of our calling”, “one Lord, “one faith”, “one baptism”, One God and Father of all” (Ephesians 4:3-6)
Calvary Chapel Of Spring Creek regularly observes the two New Testament ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper. These ordinances are in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ, as acts of love and devotion, and are not considered to be necessary for our salvation.
All Calvary Chapel churches are independent of one another (not a denomination). Some do not even bear the name of Calvary Chapel but all are connected by the fellowship and like-mindedness of the men who serve as their senior pastors.
To enter God’s kingdom, you must be born again. Just look to Jesus Christ, who died for your sins on the cross, and believe in Him and His love for you, and that transformation will take place. Thus the question, “Have you been born again by the Spirit of God?” If not, the process is very simple.
Today you’re in one of two camps; it all depends on your relationship to Jesus Christ. You can both believe and look in faith to Jesus, who died for you on the cross; or you can continue going on as you are. It’s an amazing thing-to be lost; you don’t have to do anything. Just keep on doing what you’re doing now and you will perish.
But, if you look to the cross and believe in the One who died for your sins, then the free gift of God is yours… The gift of eternal life.
The Bible says:
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God-Romans 3:23
The wages of sin is death-Romans 6:23a
But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord-Romans 6:23b
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us-Romans 5:8
Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved-Romans 10:13
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation-Romans 10:9-10
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him -Revelation 3:20a
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born again when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”-John 3:3-
If you want a personal relationship with God and the assurance that your sins have been forgiven, here is a suggested prayer…
God, I confess my sins and ask for your forgiveness. I thank you, Lord, for You have promised that if I will confess my sins, You will be faithful to forgive me. I want to turn from my sins, so I ask you Father to give me the power through Your Holy Spirit to live pleasing to you.
I thank you that Jesus Christ died on the cross, paying the price for my, and all, sins, and then rose from the dead. I accept You now as my Lord and Savior.
I also thank You, because You’ve said that whoever comes to You, You will in no way cast out. Thank you for giving me a new life in Christ. I surrender myself to you. Amen.
If you have decided to accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you are now born again. Here are a few things that will help you to grow as a Christian…
PRAY-prayer is like a telephone line that goes directly to God. It’s important to spend time talking to Him every day, the more the better (Philippians 4:6).
READ THE BIBLE-the Bible is like a love letter from God. The more you read it, the more you’ll fall in love with Him (1 Peter 2:2).
FELLOWSHIP-you need to have friends who share your beliefs and who can encourage you. This is why it’s so important to find a good, Bible-believing church that teaches the Bible where you can meet other Christians (Hebrews 10:24-25).
WITNESS TO OTHERS-share your faith in Jesus Christ with others. Pray that the Lord will reveal how you should witness and when (Mark 16:15).
God bless you and we pray that you continue to grow closer to the Lord every day!
For more information go to: “How can a man be Born Again?” ISBN 1-931713-30-8 (The Word For Today) or CLICK HERE to View online
To learn more about what we believe at Calvary Chapel, read Calvary Chapel Distinctives